How do i replace the Y-axis belt
Release Time：2021/03/02 Component maintenance Browsing Times：361
Y-axis belt replacement and adjustment(Take the right side of the Y axis belt as an example)
● M3 Screwdriver
● 5.5mm wrench
● New belt
● A pair of scissors
● Masking tape
1.Turn off the machine and unplug the power cord.
2.Remove the upper front door with keys that came with the machine, and open the upper right side door.
Note: Falling object! This object is not hinged and may fall if released unexpectedly.
3.Loosening this screw of the left coupling slightly.
Note: The Y-axis has two belts, one is in the left side, the other is in the right side.
If you need to replace the left side belt, just need to loosening the below coupling slightly.
4.Slightly loosen the Nuts with 5.5mm wrench which fix the belt, between side of the Y-axis bracket and belt buckle.
5.Loosen the four screws(Screw A) slightly.(Approximately 5mm outward so that it can be adjusted later).
6. Slightly loosen the four screws(Screw B) which fix the belt.
7. After loosening the Nuts and Screws,, the belt should be slacked.
Note: Please do not pull the old belt directly now!
1. Paste the end of new belt and old belt with a piece of masking tape. Please make sure that the belt is not knotted during the process.
Note: The side of the belt with the gear print must fit the gear.
2. Pull the belt out from the other side, then tear off the tape and remove the old belt.
3. Fix the two Screws B on left side to lock the belt.
4. Pull the other end of belt with a plier(or pull it with your hand) to make sure the belt straight and as tight as possible.(Try to avoid moving the Y axis)
5. Fix the other two Screws B on the right that you loosed.
6. Make sure the belt runs in the center of the rail and does not rub any of the lips on the rail, if it is correct, lock the Screws A and Nuts back to their original positions.
Note:The distance between the belt buckle and Y-axis bracket should be 6-7mm.
How to replace the Y-Axis belt, please refer to the link below.
7.Check the tension of the belt, if it’s too loose or tight, please adjust the tension of the belt according to below video link.
Test method: Gently press the belt with your hand, and the belt has a little elasticity.
8. Move the laser head back and forth to make the Y-axis belt better fit the gear
9. Reinstall the upper front side door and locked it, and then lock the right upper side door.
- How do i replace the controller board
- How to Replace the rollers and adjust the ...
- How to replace laser tube?
- How to calibrate the working table to level.
- How to judge if the power of laser tube be...
- How do i replace the X-axis belt
- How to adjust the verticality between the ...
- How to adjust and replace the motor?