How do i replace the X-axis belt
Release Time：2021/03/01 Component maintenance Browsing Times：134
X-axis belt replacement and adjustment
● M3 Screwdriver
● 5.5mm wrench
● New belt
● A pair of scissors
● Masking tape
1.Turn off the machine and unplug the power cord.
2.Remove the upper front door with keys that came with the machine.
Note: Falling object! This object is not hinged and may fall if released unexpectedly.
3. Move the laser head to the middle of the work area.
4. Slightly loosen the Nuts with 5.5mm wrench that fix the belt, between side of the X-axis bracket and belt buckle.
5. Loosen the four screws(Screw A) slightly.(Approximately 5mm outward so that it can be adjusted later).
6. Loosen the four screws(Screw B) slightly which fix the belt.
7. After loosening the Nuts and Screws, the belt should be slacked.
Note: please do not pull out the belt directly now!
1. Paste the end of new and old belt with a piece of masking tape. Please make sure that the belt is not knotted during the process.
Note: The side of the belt with the gear print must fit the gear.
2. Pull the belt out from the other side, then tear off the tape and remove the old belt.
3. Fix the Screws B on the left（right is also OK） side to lock the belt.
4. Pull the other end of belt with a plier (or pull it with your hand) to make sure the belt straight and as tight as possible.
5. Fix the other two Screws B on the right side that you loosed.
6. Make sure the belt runs in the center of the rail and does not rub any of the lips on the rail,if it is correct, lock the Screws A and Nuts back to their original positions.
Note: The distance between the belt buckle and X-axis bracket should be 6-7mm.
How to replace the X-Axis belt,please refer to this link below:
7. Check the tension of the belt, if it’s too loose or tight, please adjust the tension of the belt according to below video link.
(There is no constant value for the belt tightness. If you just replace the X-axis belt, you can refer to the Y-axis belt tightness. )
Test method: Gently press the belt with your hand, and the belt has a little elasticity.
8. Move the laser head by hand to check if the laser head moves smoothly.
9. After you install it, if belt is too long, you can cut a piece off.
10. Reinstall the upper front door and locked it.
- How do I replace the drive shaft module?
- How do i replace the Y-axis belt
- How do i replace the controller board
- How to calibrate the working table to level.
- How to Replace the rollers and adjust the ...
- How to judge if the power of laser tube be...
- How to replace laser tube?
- How to adjust and replace the motor?